Our bodies cannot do without salt. Inadequate salt in our body can be as dangerous as not having enough blood flowing through our blood vessels. Our bodies are full of salt. In a normal healthy body, salt can be found in our blood, tears, sweat and even the urine. It is so important that even the fetus in the womb is suspended inside a salt solution called amniotic fluid for the first nine months of your life.
If salt is as important as stated above, then what type of salt should we be eating? Basically, we have two types of salt, the refined and unrefined salt. The salt that is still in its natural state, derived either by evaporating sea water from shallow man-made ponds or from rock salts mined from ancient dried sea beds deep underground.
Refined salt on the other hand is that which has being mechanically harvested from various salt mines as Brine (a concentrated solution of salt and water), processed, evaporated and sold.
Back to the question, since salt has a lot of scenes to play in our life, to ensure optimum health, what type of salt should we be eating? Certainly, salt that is as wholesome as possible will be more like it. This is where unrefined sea salt stands out as the salt of choice. Read on.
Unrefined sea salt does not undergo any form of processing, so it comes to us with a full complement of sodium Chloride (NaCl), and about sixty other essential and beneficial minerals and micro nutrients carefully tailored into the vast oceans for the sole purpose of nurturing and preserving all forms of life.
Commercial refined salt on the other hand is not only stripped of all its minerals, besides sodium and chloride, but is also chemically cleaned, bleached heated at unnecessarily high temperatures. In addition, it is treated with anti-caking agents that prevent salt from mixing with atmospheric moisture in the salt container. These agent also impede salt dissolving within our body system leading to build up and then deposit of free radicals and toxins in our organs and tissues, causing severe health problems.
Here are some of the health benefits of sea salt
- Makes bones firm thus preventing osteoporosis; 27 percent of The Body’s Salt Content Is Location in the Bones.
- Stabilizes Irregular Heartbeat And Regulates Blood Pressure – In Conjunction With Water.
- It is needed to clear the Lungs of Mucus and Sticky Phlegm, Particularly in Those Suffering from Asthma and Cystic Fibrosis. It Helps Prevent Muscle Cramps.
- It is an Alkalizer; it helps remove cellular acidity especially in the brain and kidneys, which helps prevent cancer.
- Provides a buffer for blood sugar levels to help prevent diabetes or helps diabetics use less insulin.
- Helps the body hold water sufficiently for proper cell hydration.
- It is essentially for the generation of hydroelectric energy in the cells of the body.
- It is vital for the absorption of nutrient components through the intestinal tract.
- Can prevent varicose Veins and spider veins on the legs and thighs.
- Regulates sleep; Acts as a natural hypnotic (natural sleep inducer).
- It helps prevent gout and gouty arthritis.
- If mixed with natural honey, unrefined sea salt helps stop persistent dry coughs.
- It is a natural antihistamine (antiallergy).
So, what are you waiting for? Make a switch today to a world of wholesome wellness! Get and use unrefined sea salt. Welcome back to nature!
As usual, your questions, ideas and suggestions will always be accepted and appreciated in form of comments.