What is B.M.I? Body Mass Index. It is the tool that compares your height to your weight and gives you an indication of whether you are overweight, underweight or at a healthy weight for your height. It shows how healthy you are, their are many mobile apps to calculate these, many web programs written to calculate the B.M.I. But non of them promises to be accurate, they only arrive to be a little or let me say approximate.
Download B.M.I Calculator for iphone HERE
Download B.M.I Calculator for Android HERE
Download This Excel File To Check It Right On Your Computer HERE
You can still calculate it all by yourself by following this simple arithemetics
Measure Out Both Your Weight And Height
- Weigh yourself on a bathroom scale.
- Measure your height in inches using the yardstick or measuring tape.
How To Calculate Your BMI Manually:
You will need a pencil, paper and calculator to perform the following BMI calculation.
Write Out the values:
Height(inch) = 80
Weight(pounds) = 180
- Multiply the value of height(inch) by itself
80 * 80 = 6400
- Divide your weight in pounds by the Answer above
180 / 6400 = 0.028125
- Multiply that answer above by a constant conversion factor of 703 strictly if you are calculating the weight in pounds, but if you are calculating in kg you have to skip this step.
0.028125 * 703 = 19.771875
- The answer is your body mass index.
Judging Your Answer:
- A BMI of less than 18 means you are under weight.
- A BMI of less than 18.5 indicates you are thin for your height.
- A BMI between 18.6 and 24.9 indicates you are at a healthy weight.
- A BMI between 25 and 29.9 suggests you are overweight for your height.
- A BMI of 30 or greater indicates obesity. If you are obese, consider consulting a doctor or losing weight.
Endeavor to post your answers on the comment box…………..